Level-D 767 Ported to P3D

Do you know something about Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

Level-D 767 Ported to P3D

Post by RichW »

The FSX version of Level-D 767 has been ported to P3D and has an installer. The updated version can be downloaded and is available at no cost to licensed FSX users. That along with the Zinertek HD virtual cockpit makes the aircraft a pleasure to fly again.

I added the door gauge to make it work with GSX and did a test flight. Even at its age its still one of the best payware airplanes out there.

Rich
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Level-D 767 Ported to P3D

Post by David Vega »

Rich,

Agree with you. Thank you for the post.

Dave
sax702
kenyapilot
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by kenyapilot »

The nice thing about this is it also works in Windows 10.

Roy
SAX680
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

Has any one tried to install into Prepar3D version 4?
PeterW SAX 728
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

In answer to my own question, I tried installing the P3D v3 into the P3d V4. There were no gauges and the overhead was a black square.
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Peter,

The Level-D forum has other users saying they see the same results as you.

Darryl Shuttlework, their forum moderator says:

"The product currently works with FS9, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3.4.

P3D v4 is a 64 bit program. Going to have to wait for it to be released and an opportunity for the devs to take a look at what is involved with bringing the 767 to 64bit world."

This is one of the reasons I'm hesitating to get P3D4, even though every time I get an OOM in FSX, I feel more motivated. But, here's what I see when I think P3D4:

Cost

P3D4, 199.00

PMDG 737, $89.99 (Nothing new added to any of the PMDG aircraft except they work with P3D4)
PMDG 777, $134.99
PMDG 747, $134.99

Level-D 767, Doesn't work yet. Unknown on cost to upgrade or whether Level-D will even upgrade it.

B190, Free upgrade for the Carenado B190.
E195, Feelthere has stated they're not upgrading to P3D4, no other payware solution available.
DH8D, Unknown. Majestic's doesn't yet work in P3D4.
CRJ7, Just purchased the Aerosoft one using the SAX discount, which includes versions for FSX and P3D4.

That's $559 in software alone. Since I would have to keep FSX, I would need a new drive to hold both P3D4 and FSX. I also still have FS9 installed since we do have pilots still using it.

Did you repurchase the PMDG airplanes?

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I had similar thoughts but had enough of the OOM and slow frame rates after I purchased ORBX scenery. KSEA was down to 7 fps. I did repurchase the PMDG aircraft as I knew I would use them again. From what I have read it appears that the A320 will be developed into a 64 bit version but by who I can't remember. With Prepar3D v4 I experience high frame rates. I admit that I miss some of my earlier aircraft. I liked the Majestic Dash8 Q400 and flew it a lot.

Thanks for the information.

Peter
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Peter,

So, how does it work with the ORBX scenery? Do you have ORBX Vector? I forgot to mention the A320. I have the Aerosoft A320 which isn't available yet for P3D4. I'm sure Majestic will convert their Dash8.

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

Hi Dave,

I have all the ORBX Sceneries. I have FTX Global Base Pack, openLC: Europe, North America, South America as well a s FTX Global and FTX Trees HD. I also have FTX Lights Configurator. Of course since I live in the Pacific Northwest I have that installed as well.

In the more scenery intense areas I am seeing 25 fps. In the open areas I am getting in excess of 50 fps (I can't remember the exact value). If also depends on how the weather is doing as I use Active Sky P3D v4. FS Labs has an A320 for P3d_v4 in the works and I read it will probably be released in the next month or so.

Peter
PeterW SAX 728
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by RichW »

Just to jump in on this...

I have the ORBX Global, openLC North America, SoCal, NorCal, and Pacific Northwest. I get better frame rates with P3D4 than I did with version 3 , although SoCal is still pretty intense and drops to 12-15 at its worst. Most other places including SFO and SEA are in the high 20's to 30's when fully loaded with AS P3D4 and ASCA along with UTLive at 70% traffic load.

I bit the bullet and purchased PMDG 737 and 777. I don't have the 747 and don't plan to buy it. One long range heavy jet is enough for me.
I also have the AeroSoft CRJ that I have been flying a lot lately. Really love that plane and most of the bugs are being worked out.
I don't fly much in Europe so I don't have an E195 but if someone comes out with a good one I would go for it.
I'm waiting for the Majestic upgrade and hopefully it will be out in the next few months.
I also have some Carenado planes and the Garmin GTN 750 and 650.

The only think keeping me on P3D3 right now is the Level-D 767 and Majestic Q400 although I don't fly the much anymore.

LM is supposed to be releasing an update (4.1?) soon and hopefully ORBX will update their airports for v4 and allow some other vendors address their bugs.

Richard
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I was looking around and found that there is a new A320 for P3Dv4. It is on the expensive side; Here is the link:
http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/ ... es-a320-3/
PeterW SAX 728