A Video Review of FS2020

Do you know something about MFS2020, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

A Video Review of FS2020

Post by Dave Blake »

A video showing many of the bells and whistles of FS2020.

Visit YouTube for wide screen viewing.

https://youtu.be/DsGyqezRaWM

Dave Blake - SAX212
Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: A Video Review of FS2020

Post by Rich »

I've been following FS2020 and I'm reading some real problems with the download. More specifically their "client" download is part MS and part something else (don't remember). Tons and tons of data and graphical information considering they've incorporated the whole "earth". IMHO, Microsoft has a long way to go before I even consider purchasing the product. Microsoft has a nasty habit of releasing software that, after "beta" tester are done, when released, the general pubic does more testing. I understand that with all the different PC's out there, there is no ONE solution. Keep working at it MS, you'll figure it out.
Personally, I have too much invested in my purchased airports and PMDG aircraft to get excited. We'll see.

I just finished building a new system: WIN10Pro: ASUS Prime Z390-A, with an INTEL Core i5 9600k unlocked LGA1151, NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card and 32 GIGS of Corsair Vengeance Ram. After all this, I needed to invest in a Corsair RM850X PS just to keep things running. I should be good for a little while.
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Rich, as part of the alpha and beta test, I had to install it several times. It downloads an executable who in turns downloads the content, which does take a while since it's a big file. If one flies connected to the internet, the scenery is downloaded as you fly. I had a pretty smooth flights with less hardware than you now have. I think most folks will keep and use their existing simulator for a while until we start getting the freeware and payware aircraft we're used to flying (like the ones for SAX) and the ability to conduct SAX operations as we do today. Meanwhile, it's a good simulator with incredible graphics and the opportunities to visit cool places and do cool things.
Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Rich »

Thanks for the information, Dave. I agree with you on the wait time!
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

One of the interested things I found out about FS2020 by watching this video was the addition of a drone camera. And apparently you can use just the drone without an aircraft. That could be useful to check out unfamiliar approaches, besides just sightseeing.
Dave Blake - SAX212