Scenery Loading Causes Stutters in P3dV4

Do you know something about Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Scenery Loading Causes Stutters in P3dV4

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I am using P3d v4 and have had good performance until recently. I have tried changing the settings but it has not resolved. I think I read some where that there is a line that can be added to the P3dv4.cfg but can't remember how or where I found it. It is supposed to load all the scenery you need so that the flight does not keep freezing as the aircraft follows the flight plan. The biggest problem I have is when flying the approach. As I get close to the runway it keeps freezing and it is hard to control my aircraft for a good landing.

Is there any thing I can do to solve this.

PeterW
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Scenery Loading Causes Stutters in P3dV4

Post by David Vega »

Peter, does this happen with a specific scenery or with all scenery? Asking because there's a scenery loading setting for FS DreamTeam scenery.

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

It seems to happen every where. I have installed ORBX scenery: Base Pack, openLC Europe, openLC North America, openL South America Vector, Trees HD EU Airport Pack, and Lights Configurator. I think it I less noticeable when flying small General Aviation aircraft. But with the big ones it is really noticeable.

PeterW
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Assuming the problem started after installing the ORBX products, consider:

1. If you have a regular hard drive, defrag it. Do not defrag an SSD drive.
2. Look at these steps offered by Lockheed-Martin.
3. You could uninstall/reinstall the P3D4 client following the steps here. Consider also deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file as outlined in step #3.
4. If the problem wasn't there before the ORBX scenery, suggest disabling one at a time and checking for stutters. Start with ORBX Vector.

Be careful with each of these steps. Hope this helps.

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

Thank you Dave. Will do.
PeterW SAX 728