PRO-ATC/ X

Do you know something about Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

PRO-ATC/ X

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I have been testing out PRO_ATC/ X and it works great with P3D v4.1. I flew a flight tonight using the FSLabs A320X. I still have a learning curve on how to compensate for the difference in the P3D runway headings and the ones that the NAVIGRAPH has when I update it. On the flight to LTBA from LSGG, it did not line up correctly so I manually did it. I will have to try some other airports and see what I can find out.

The nice feature about Pro-ATC/ X is that ATC has you fly both the SID and the STAR that is in the flight plan without all the heading changes that the simulator does.
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: PRO-ATC/ X

Post by David Vega »

Thank you Peter. There may be some free data and utilities here to alleviate the mismatch problem.

Dave Vega
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

Thank you for the information.
PeterW SAX 728
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

For what it is worth:

One neat thing I noticed with Pro-ATC was that depending on which European country I am flying over, I hear ATC chatter in the language of that country. I flew from LSZH to LEBL. Over France I heard French spoken. When I was in the area of Spain I heard Spanish. ATC still spoke English to me.
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

I may look into PRO-ATC/X. Did you ever use Radar Contact? If so, how does it compare?

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I used Radar Contact for years but it didn't work well for me when I got to P3D. While Radar Contact was better, it still did no follow the star when being set up for final.

Pro-ATC/X follows the sid and the star when it is in control. I will admit there are times when vectors are used but that depends on the flight plan you create using the program. The flight I did from LSZH to LEBL followed the total flight plan without an variances.

When I was descending to LEBL, ATC gave me an altitude change and included the Barometer setting before I reached transition altitude where you change from standard to the local QNH (In Europe). As I go closed to the destination ATC told you which star to follow.

You do have to use the airport chart for taxi as there is no yellow line available.

Hope this answers you question.
PeterW SAX 728