Repaints for Prepar3D PMDG Aircraft

Do you know something about Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Repaints for Prepar3D PMDG Aircraft

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I was wondering if the repaints for the FSX PMDG aircraft would work for the ones that they have published as being for Prepar3D? I tried to place this under the Prepar3D topic but I didn't have the permissions to use it.
PeterW SAX 728
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Repaints for Prepar3D PMDG Aircraft

Post by Dave Blake »

BearWhoTalks wrote:I was wondering if the repaints for the FSX PMDG aircraft would work for the ones that they have published as being for Prepar3D?
I don't have P3D but I'm guessing repaints should work as long as the original PMDG aircraft works. Shouldn't hurt to try.
BearWhoTalks wrote:I tried to place this under the Prepar3D topic but I didn't have the permissions to use it.
Sorry about that. I didn't have this new forum's permissions set correctly. Should be good now and I have moved the topic to the P3D forum. Let me know if you still have trouble posting to this forum.
Dave Blake - SAX212
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by RichW »

I'm using the Aerosoft A320 repaint and PMDG B738 repaint in P3D and they both work great.

Richard
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I downloaded all the repaints that applied to PMDG and installed them per instructions. The 737 and 777 repaints work fine as well as the A-320. I checked and double checked the SAX PMDG 747 Paint installations and they do not show up inPrepar3D. I copied and pasted as instructed and then added the data to the aircraft.cfg in the proper folders: The PMDG 747-400 and the PMDG 747-440F.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem.
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Peter,

I don't have P3D, perhaps someone with it will be able to help. The only difference I see is that it's PMDG. Wonder if they somehow changed how the liveries are installed in P3D for their aircraft. In FSX one should have a texture.[livery name] folder for each livery and a section in the aircraft.cfg for each livery. Each of those sections is titled [fltsim.x] where x is a number between 0 and the number of liveries. In each section there a line

texture=

where one would have the livery folder name for that livery. For example if the texture folder is named texture.sax, then the line should read

texture=sax

Please double check the names match.

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

Hi Dave,

I followed your instructions and checked. Everything is as you instructed. I don't know what to do as I have again looked at the instructions and checked them out as well. The PMDG 747 is the only aircraft I couldn't get to display in the select vehicle display.

Thank you for the information.

Peter /SAX728
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Peter,

Sorry. There's a tool that may be helpful. See here, but let me caveat that with saying that we are not endorsing that tool nor provide support. I don't really know if it would work.

Dave
sax702
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

BearWhoTalks wrote:Hi Dave,

I followed your instructions and checked. Everything is as you instructed. I don't know what to do as I have again looked at the instructions and checked them out as well. The PMDG 747 is the only aircraft I couldn't get to display in the select vehicle display.

Thank you for the information.

Peter /SAX728
I found this on the PMDG website. Maybe something here might help.

Important (and nearly foolproof!) Steps to Running your PMDG product in Prepar3D v3 --> http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/ ... 3d-v3.aspx
Dave Blake - SAX212