SAX A320 for FSX Porpoising Above FL280

Do you know something about FSX, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

SAX A320 for FSX Porpoising Above FL280

Post by Dave Blake »

Shawn Hackler has noticed that the SAX A320 for FSX will porpoise (nose raise and lower) above FL280 with the autopilot engaged. Has any one else had this problem and or might have a fix?

The manufacturer's README file with the install doesn't mention this as a known problem and the iFDG (international Flightsim Design Group) support forum appears to be down for maintenance or something so that isn't any help right now.
Dave Blake - SAX212
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Re: SAX A320 for FSX Porpoising Above FL280

Post by shackler781 »

I just noticed it on my crj as well.
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Re: SAX A320 for FSX Porpoising Above FL280

Post by shackler781 »

It looks like it has something to do with balance. I downloaded another iFDG A320 and noticed that it was nose heavy. It was stable, however, at FL350 until I tried to shift the weight away from the nose with the weight and balance function. So I went back to the SAX A320-which apears to be balanced properly-and shifted the weight toward the nose. The aircract stabilized. Its not a complete fix as there is still some porpoising, but it has been reduced enough to be usable.
Shawn Hackler
SAX781