SunAir Voice Callsign - EditVoicePack

Do you know something about FSX, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

SunAir Voice Callsign - EditVoicePack

Post by RichW »

I finally broke down, or rather my computer broke down, and I upgraded to a dual core machine capable of running FSX.

I'm moving things over and slowly transitioning but I'm curious about the SunAir voice callsigns work in FSX. I was able to copy the AI flights and they work great except ATC says "1124" instead of SAX 1124". I saw there is a Beta version of EditVoicePack but I'm wondering how/if anyone got voices to work in FSX.

Thanks ... Rich
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: SunAir Voice Callsign

Post by Dave Blake »

There is a little info for EditVoicePack with FSX on there web site: http://www.editvoicepack.com/

Like you said Rich, there does appear to be a beta version out for testing with FSX: http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=EditVoicepack

I have not tried installing the FSX beta for FSX yet. So if anyone else has tried please share you comments.
Dave Blake - SAX212
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by RichW »

Thanks Dave,

I downloaded the Beta version yesterday and plan to give it a try this weekend. There was also comments about just copying your USEnglishBig.gvp from FS9. I don't know enough about EditVoicePack to know how that will impact other things.

I'll keep the group advised on the results.

Rich
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by RichW »

Okay, first I checked out the Beta EditVoicePack for FSX but it doesn't appear to let you add new airlines.

So I went to plan B and copied my voice files from FS9. This is what I did:
Copied .. \FSX\Sound\ATC\USEnglishBig.gvp to a safe place
Copied ..\FS9\Sound\USEnglishBig.gvp.evporg and EVP_Accelerated.gyp to ..\FSX\Sound\ATC

Rich
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub