FSX Downloads

Do you know something about FSX, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

FSX Downloads

Post by Jim Tilley »

I recently had to have my hard drive repaired which meant having FSX uninstalled...The computer "Experts" could not reload my FSX Gold Edition as it would not accept the Product Key supplied with the discs... I attempted to download the Gold as well and had the same problems... Microsoft fixes did not work... The other FSX regular discs came up with "Error" messages and would not download...Are these FSX products obsolete?? Does FSX not operate anymore on Windows 10?? Is FSX Steam the answer?? AWWWWWWWWW... Any input would be appreciated...
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: FSX Downloads

Post by David Vega »

JT

Here's an article offering solutions. Please let us know if this helps.

Dave Vega
sax702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

You're the best Dave... I'll give it a shot... :)
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Thank you. You could also move to FSX Steam Edition. I bought it on sale for $12 a while ago. It installs and functions better than boxed FSX. There's also a rumor that Microsoft is going to announce something about FSX. This is part of their new Flight Simulator project coming out next year.

Anyway, hope one of the solutions in the article works for you.

Dave
sax702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Hi Dave, Took your advise and downloaded FSX Steam which works very well... When downloading SunAir aircraft FSX downloads in our file library into FSX Steam are they compatible? Thanks again for your help...
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

JT,

I think you'll like FSX:SE. Yes, all our aircraft are compatible with it.

Dave
sax702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

A lot easier downloading for sure... appreciate your input!...
JT
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Hi Dave...I downloaded the FSFK program and set it up according to the SAX directions...Under the FSFK File/Folders Flight Simulator Main Folder box is listed,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\cmmon\FSX\
after running FSX Steam and parking an aircraft with the engines off and the brakes set, when starting FSFK it will not connect to Steam FSX and populate the info on the New Flight FSFK face sheet... Any idea what I am doing wrong?
JT
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Hey Dave, additionally when I attempt to open the Steam FSX simulator an error box shows up and will not activate... It says the FS New Universal IPC interface Version 4.921f (FSUIPC4 DLL) is causing a conflict with FSX... I think version 3 is also installed, but I am apprehensive to delete anything in the FSUIP file...
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

JT,

It appears both issues are related to FSUIPC. Suggest removing and reinstalling FSUIPC. You can find it here. Let us know if this works for you.

Dave Vega
sax702