FSX Unexpectly Crashes to Desktop

Do you know something about FSX, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Re: FSX Unexpectly Crashes to Desktop

Post by BearWhoTalks »

If you have time, does it matter whether PMDG products are installed first over other third party software?

Thanks,
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

I don't think so.

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I have redone everything. I reinstalled FSX and the service packs. I installed PMDG 737, PMDg777 and PMDG BAE JS4100. Everything ran great. Then I installed the Majestic Dash8 Q400 and things went bad. First the aircraft loaded with black panels. I reloaded it and got the correct panels. I configured it started flight keeper and began my flight. I had gotten to the point that the external power was on and got the blue screen of death. I have uninstalled the Dash8 Q400 and am doing a test flight with another aircraft. I will try this a few times and see what happens.

Additional: I made a flight with a GA aircraft and flew for an hour. No problems.
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Has anybody else reported similar problems in the Majestic forum?

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I also wrote to Majestic and here is the pertinent part of their reply:

QUOTE:

Most likely, you are seeing 2 separate problems.

1. the lower panels were all black as well as part of the overhead.

This is a known FSX and P3D glitch regarding how it filters the textures in the VC. It is usually solved by altering the texture filtering setting in the display dialog of the FSX. Please also note, that the supported FSX versions where our Q400 addon can be used are: Sp2, Acceleration, Steam. Please also note, that there is a patch 1.018d available in the User Area, for the PRO edition of the Q400.

2. If your other aircraft are crashing the sim one hour into a flight, and the Q400 does it soon after selecting, the issue is very likely in the system overheat. Q400 has an ability to utilize the CPU through the multi-threading architecture. For this reason if your CPU is on the edge of overheating, you will see it happening faster when Q400 is selected, than any other aircraft addons.

UNQUOTE:

I checked my CPU and it is borderline temp wise so I am going to replace the cpu and motherboard since it might be questionable. I have the forums that many people are having trouble with the Dash8 Q400 fro various reasons.
PeterW SAX 728