Embraer Ejets

Do you know something about FSX, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
kenyapilot
Command Captain
Command Captain

Embraer Ejets

Post by kenyapilot »

Our Zurich Hub uses Embraer E170 for our flights to small European and some African airports. The freeware model is really not very good, but the Embraer is a very interesting aircraft. Brazilian made it is a fly-by-wire aircraft somewhat like an Airbus, yet unique. The freeware version we have available for our flights is limited. Better realism and experience is usually found with payware aircraft. Feel There models the Embraer 175 and 195 in a package called Ejets V2. I have used this package to fly Zurich Hub E170 flights and greatly enjoyed it. It is not at the same level as a PMDG plane, but still is really quite good. One reason for bringing this up is to encourage other pilots to look at using this plane and enjoying a new experience. As a side note, several US airlines are now ordering and using Embraers on on their thinner routes.

I am not in the business of promoting a site for sales, but PC Aviator has a special Labor Day sale on this aircraft valid through Tuesday midnight. If one were to actually purchase on Tuesday (when they have an additional 10% off), this package can be purchase for about 60% off list.

Hope to see some new Embraer pilots on the Zurich Hub.

Roy Brent
SAX 680
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Re: Embraer Ejets

Post by BearWhoTalks »

kenyapilot wrote:Our Zurich Hub uses Embraer E170 for our flights to small European and some African airports. The freeware model is really not very good, but the Embraer is a very interesting aircraft. Brazilian made it is a fly-by-wire aircraft somewhat like an Airbus, yet unique. The freeware version we have available for our flights is limited. Better realism and experience is usually found with payware aircraft. Feel There models the Embraer 175 and 195 in a package called Ejets V2. I have used this package to fly Zurich Hub E170 flights and greatly enjoyed it. It is not at the same level as a PMDG plane, but still is really quite good. One reason for bringing this up is to encourage other pilots to look at using this plane and enjoying a new experience. As a side note, several US airlines are now ordering and using Embraers on on their thinner routes.

I am not in the business of promoting a site for sales, but PC Aviator has a special Labor Day sale on this aircraft valid through Tuesday midnight. If one were to actually purchase on Tuesday (when they have an additional 10% off), this package can be purchase for about 60% off list.

Hope to see some new Embraer pilots on the Zurich Hub.

Roy Brent
SAX 680
I have unsuccessfully to make three flights with the Wilco Feel There E-Jet series that includes the E190. My flight sim FSX Deluxe with service pack one and two crashes and then at times recovers. I am using FS Flight Keeper and Active Sky Next. I also have been having trouble with fuel initialization. I have used the Cheat "FUEL" and every time it overloads the aircraft with double the fuel required to make the trip. If have entered the right amount of fuel in the aircraft before starting of the mission, the FMS then complains that there is a fuel problem at the destination. Any one have any ideas.

Thanks,

Peter W SAX 728
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Peter,

I don't have an immediate solution for you, but we could try to diagnose what's the problem. Do you have both FS9 and FSX installed? If so, are you using the Load Manager in the FSX version of the EMB Configuration tool? If "yes" so far, when on the Load Manager tab, try using the EMB 195 LR. With that select passengers and cargo for the flight, record the ZFW, and press OK. Start FSX, load the Feelthere E195, and check its passenger and cargo figures match the ones on the EMB Configuration Load Manager. You can also load the fuel now, or use the "FUEL" cheat.

Let us know if you have done all that and still have problems.

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

David Vega wrote:Peter,

I don't have an immediate solution for you, but we could try to diagnose what's the problem. Do you have both FS9 and FSX installed? If so, are you using the Load Manager in the FSX version of the EMB Configuration tool? If "yes" so far, when on the Load Manager tab, try using the EMB 195 LR. With that select passengers and cargo for the flight, record the ZFW, and press OK. Start FSX, load the Feelthere E195, and check its passenger and cargo figures match the ones on the EMB Configuration Load Manager. You can also load the fuel now, or use the "FUEL" cheat.

Dave
sax702
Hi Dave,

I only have the FSX. I am using the load manager in the FSX version. I have the Wilco Embraer V2 which includ the 170, 190 and the Lineage. I loaded the fuel as suggested on the SunAir dispach sheet. When I loaded the 190 i powered up and checked the FMS. It claimed that I had a problem with the fuel at the destination so I tried the fuel cheat. Instead of the 15575 pound of fuel in loaded 28000 for the HKJK _ FLLS flight. I was overloaded at the point and tried to fly it. I wonder if it is because I have the Wilco version of the which I though at the time was the Feel There. If the 195 is one that I could use, I could buy it from Feel There and see if that makes a difference.
I load Active SKy Next, then start FSX and finally FS Flight Keeper.

Peter
sax728
PeterW SAX 728
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

BearWhoTalks wrote:
David Vega wrote:Peter,

Dave
sax702
Hi Dave,

I only have the FSX. I am using the load manager in the FSX version. I have the Wilco Embraer V2 which includ the 170, 190 and the Lineage. I loaded the fuel as suggested on the SunAir dispach sheet. When I loaded the 190 i powered up and checked the FMS. It claimed that I had a problem with the fuel at the destination so I tried the fuel cheat. Instead of the 15575 pound of fuel in loaded 28000 for the HKJK _ FLLS flight. I was overloaded at the point and tried to fly it. I wonder if it is because I have the Wilco version of the which I though at the time was the Feel There. If the 195 is one that I could use, I could buy it from Feel There and see if that makes a difference.
I load Active SKy Next, then start FSX and finally FS Flight Keeper.

Peter
sax728
Hi Dave,

I figured out the problem after trying what you suggested. For some reason when I run my FSX in full screen and use ALT-TAB to switch applications to load FS Flight Keeper, when I go back to the FSX it does strange things. I also solved the fuel problem. Even though I clicked on getting rid of a discontinuity it was not happening. I think I need a new mouse. I don't know what I did earlier but it worked this time. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Peter
sax728
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Peter,

Glad it's working for you.

Dave
sax702
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

One other thing. Can we fly the E 195 for the 190 routes?

Thanks,

Peter
sax728
PeterW SAX 728
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Peter,

Absolutely.

Dave