B767

Have a tip, a problem or question about using Flight Simulator or your Computer? Here is the place to post them.
peterom
Command Captain
Command Captain

B767

Post by peterom »

I just can't seem to master the B767. Mostly, I have problems on final. I usually rely on the autopilot as I begin to descend on final. However, even though I follow the checklist regarding speeds for flaps and gear, the autopilot begins to go below the glideslope and stays there, usually with drastic results. Any suggestions or reference materials would be appreciated. I have probably had to scrap four or five flights that end this way.
Peter Meyerson
SAX339
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: B767

Post by Dave Blake »

I'm afraid I don't have any reference material to suggest. Maybe someone else does. But if Mr. Auto Pilot isn't following the ILS very well maybe going manual about 500 FT AGL or sooner is the answer.
Dave Blake - SAX212
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Here's a good site that offers reference materials on procedures, etc. http://www.smartcockpit.com/

Are you flying our freeware B767 or the Level-D commercial product?

That autopilot behavior doesn't sound right. You should descend to your approach altitude at the initial approach fix intercepting the localizer. At that time you should be below the glideslope. As the glideslope moves down you lower the gear, and set the right amount of flaps to begin the final descent into the runway.

David Vega
SAX702
kdundon
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by kdundon »

Another thing to check is your weight and balance. If those are out of line you would loose it. I use the program Topcat to do my weights and balance. Very useful and well worth the small price I paid for it. It also has different aircraft it supports including the payware brands. It was originally developed for the PMDG 747 but has been adapted for the LvLD 767 and PMDG 737 series. I had your problem before and it was weight and balance that was getting me. check it out. Ken
peterom
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by peterom »

Thanks for the help. I am going to try Topcat and try to see what I am not doing correctly.
Peter Meyerson
SAX339