Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

Have a tip, a problem or question about using Flight Simulator or your Computer? Here is the place to post them.
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

Post by shackler781 »

I recently purchased the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System and have found some quirks that I need assistance with. I know this isn't necessarily the best forum, but the Saitek forum is altogether unhelpful.
When I assign the middle lever on the throttle quadrant to 'flaps axis' in the "'Joystick Axis" assignments area of FS9 control settings I don't get complete control of my flaps with the lever. It starts at the 2nd flaps setting (on the 737) and controls only up to 25 deg. flaps. I have tried adjusting sensitivities and null-zones with no luck. I have a similar problem when assigning the right (third) lever to 'spoiler axis'. Nothing happens with the spoilers when I adjust the lever.
If you have suggestions or a forum I can look at I would be forever grateful! :|
Thanks,
Shawn Hackler
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

Post by Marty_Becker »

Shawn:

I have used the Saitek Throttle Quadrant for several months with a Thrustermaster TopGun Joystick. I recently purchased the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System. While I now have two throttle quadrants, I only use one. I found that to get the throttle quadrant to work properly, I had to use FSUIPC to set all the controls. I have setup the throttle on the left lever, flaps on the center lever and reverse thrust on the right lever. The flaps and reverse thrust is only set on those levers for jet aircraft. I also have the flaps set on one of the lower toggle switches along with the gear. This was done when I fly general aviation aircraft with mixture and prop control.

Do you have the phantom keypress that is known to occur with the yoke? I initially had the problem and found that if I deleted ALL joystick assignments in FS for the yoke and used FSUIPC for the assignments, then the phantom keypress problem disappeared. So far, I am not too happy with the yoke. It has developed a clicking sound with I turn it to the right and also the center point has too much tension with the centering springs. I took it apart but could not find the source of the clicking sound or a way to decrease the tension without replacing the springs. I might be going back to my Thrustmaster joystick and ditch the yoke.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Post by shackler781 »

That is the program that comes with the yoke, correct? I will give it a shot. I havent had any phantom button press yet, but I havent had it too long. Thanks for your help.
Shawn
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

FSUIPC is Pete Dowson's utility that is needed to interface various addons with FS. You should have it since FSACARS needs it for reporting pireps to the POC. The registered version is needed to management joysticks, buttons and keypreses. Do not use the CD that came with the yoke. It will just make matters worse.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Post by shackler781 »

Gotcha. Many thanks. I will give it a shot.
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

The flap setting steps are in the following section of the FSUIPC manual:

CALIBRATING FLAPS WITH SPECIFIC DÉTENTES
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
kdundon
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by kdundon »

I looked at the Saitek but decided on the Eclipse Yoke from CH. I have a Flight Sim Yoke (USB ) for $50 if anyone is interested. It works great and all the buttons and sliders work but the Eclipse has more buttons for what I wanted so I upgraded.Ken