Problems with FS9 After a Hard Drive Reformat

Have a tip, a problem or question about using Flight Simulator or your Computer? Here is the place to post them.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Problems with FS9 After a Hard Drive Reformat

Post by Dave Blake »

A while back Rich Gasperin SAX002 had to reformat his hard driver and had some problems getting FS9 running properly again. Here are some of the fixes Rich shared with me:

"Multimedia audio controller" and "Raid" problems: easily fixed as long as you have the CD for you motherboard. Once I figured that out, the installation went smooth and those issues in my device manager were fixed! But you must have the CD for you motherboard.

My multiple flight "crashes" (FS9 lockups) were fixed when I went back, un-installed my "newest, latest and greatest" video driver and reloaded the original CD. After trying all the downloads from NVIDIA, with no results, I just reloaded the original disk. So much for the theory of the latest video drivers. It doesn't always work.

I just wanted to share this with you and hope you pass it on (or just keep it in your memory banks) in case anyone else has these issues. After perusing the Internet, I found no answers to the "multimedia audio controller" problem and just through the process of elimination found the answer. Hopefully, this will prevent anyone from going through what I went thruogh.
Dave Blake - SAX212