Running FS9 on a laptop

Have a tip, a problem or question about using Flight Simulator or your Computer? Here is the place to post them.
Al O'Brien
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Running FS9 on a laptop

Post by Al O'Brien »

Would like to know if anybody is running FS9 on a laptop and if so how it is performing and what specs it has.

Al sax067
Pylet
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Pylet »

I'm not but if you have a fast enough laptop it should work just fine. A buddy of mine runs Unreal Tournament 2005 with no problems.
Command Captain Lyle Kirgan
ATL Hub Chief
SAX 0272
B737NG Home Cockpit Builder
Al O'Brien
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by Al O'Brien »

Thanks for the reply. I have been doing some research and it seems that if you get a laptop with a video card by nvadia or ATI it will run just fine. If and when I do get one I'll post my results with it.
Al sax067
Al O'Brien
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by Al O'Brien »

Well I guess I'll have to answer my own question. Got a dell inspiron 6000
with 2 gig pentium and 1 gig of ram and from what I have observed so far is that with the frame rate set at 30 it runs at 30. No complaints so far.
al sax067
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Good Al. I'm sure you'll have plenty of portable simming power with that laptop.

Dave Vega
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Long Flights

Post by Jim Tilley »

Can anyone help me with saving long flights? I know how to save the flight on FS, but how do you keep FASCARS in sinc? Can FASCARS be saved or do I have to restart it? Thanks for your input. Jim Tilley
JT
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Long Flights

Post by Dave Blake »

Jim Tilley wrote:Can anyone help me with saving long flights? I know how to save the flight on FS, but how do you keep FASCARS in sinc? Can FASCARS be saved or do I have to restart it? Thanks for your input. Jim Tilley
Sorry Jim, FSACARS does not allow you to resume a "saved flight". You can still save a flight on Flight Sim and resume it later. But you will need to keep track of your flight time manually and then manually log your flight to the POC.
Dave Blake - SAX212
Nate R
Captain
Captain

Post by Nate R »

hey im running fs on my laptop, works better than my desktop at the moment lol but specs arent anythign special and i still use Active Sky and have they graphics cranked. Its a toshiba satellite with an intel celeron processor at 1.50 GHz 448 mb or ram w/ like 80 gig hard drive nothign special im savin money for a new desktop that im building