PMDG Aircraft Licensing Fails After Activating

Have a tip, a problem or question about using Flight Simulator or your Computer? Here is the place to post them.
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

PMDG Aircraft Licensing Fails After Activating

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I thought that this might be of interest. I tried to load a PMDG aircraft and got an error message and couldn't use the PMDG 747, 777 or 737. Here is the response I got from PMDG Support.

There are two possible causes for the flxActCommonRepairLocalTrustedStorage (50044,71013,8) error.

The most common cause is disabling the aircraft's FLEXnet Licensing Service in Windows either manually or through a utility that automatically disables services such as GameBooster or AlacrityPC. PMDG does not recommend disabling Windows services, the alleged performance gain is dubious and doing so can cause many problems when a program goes to access a service that has been disabled.

To check for the issue:

1. Go to the Start button and type "services.msc" into the search box and press enter.

2. Locate the service called "FlexNET Licensing Service." in the list that comes up.

3. Right click it, choose properties, and under the dropdown menu for "Startup type" ensure that it is set to "Manual". If it's set to anything else you'll see the error.

==============================================
If the above solution does not work, please try the following:
==============================================

1. Uninstall your PMDG 777 737 and J41 products from Control Panel\Programs and Features. (the 747 and MD-11 do not use the FLEXnet activation system and are not applicable to the problem)

2. Go to your C:\Program Data\FLEXnet folder. (this is a hidden folder, if you can't see it, enable the option "Show hidden files, folders and drives," in the Windows folder options)

3. Delete any files in this folder with PMDG in their names. Be extra careful not to delete any non-PMDG files here, other applications such as the Adobe products use FLEXnet activation as well.

4. Reinstall your aircraft from your installers and see if you're able to activate.
PeterW SAX 728