Aircraft Upgrades

Comments or suggestions about SunAir Express
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Aircraft Upgrades

Post by Jim Tilley »

Hello gentlemen, Just curious if there was an thoughts about adding to the SunAir Express aircraft, e.g. A380, B787, A330, A350 ? Thanks for your input...
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Aircraft Upgrades

Post by David Vega »

Hello Jim,

We often discuss adding airplane types. For each airplane type we first look for good quality freeware and payware models for the simulators we support. We then talk about whether a new aircraft type would replace an existing type and what could be potential flights. We also try to keep the inventory similar to what an existing large airline would have. Of the list you mentioned, do you have a favorite?

Dave
sax702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Hi Dave, I think the B787 would be my favorite choice... While I have your ear I flew flight 2120 from KATL to KDEN and the DP brought me considerably east... Didn't appear correct... Thanks for responding to my post... Jim
JT
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Thank you Jim. I see Quality Wings sells a B787 for FSX only. The're working on the P3D4 version. TDS (a freeware group) has a B787, but don't know how good it is. Let's think about adding the B787-8 to our fleet.

Thank you for letting me know about flight 2120. The Gairy departure is for flights that depart towards the East. Don't know why it was included in the SAX route, probably it was being used at the time to avoid weather on the West side of the airport. Anyway, I've updated the route but not included terminal procedures. Since TPs are typically associated with a runway, direction of flight, etc. you can always look for an ideal TP when you check the weather of the departure and arrival airport. For example, I always check flightware.com to get information on best routes, TPs, etc. You can use the link labeled FlightAware on the bottom left of the dispatch release page to see what are the latest routes, TPs, current direction of takeoffs and departures, weather, etc. FlightAware is a great source of info for US flights and some international flights. You don't have to use the SAX route on the dispatch release page, use the route you think is best.

I'm definitively far from "expert", so if anybody has better info or a better approach, please jump in. A pilot is always learning.

Dave
sax702
Jim Tilley
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Jim Tilley »

Great info Dave...will certainly use the flight aware in the future...keep up the good work...
JT