iFly 737NG

Do you know something about FS9, or an aircraft, panel, scenery or an add-on for it? Post information and links about them here.
GeeDub
Captain
Captain

iFly 737NG

Post by GeeDub »

Well, I took a chance and made the purchase from Flight1 last night. I don't usually buy an addon until at least the first sp/patch has been released, but after reading the opinions of a few trusted regular posters at avsim.com, I went for it.

Glad I did! The issues, or bugs if you will, are a few, but nothing major. I've only flown the 737-700 thus far, but I had an enjoyable 1 hour flight with no snags and a very smooth ILS/GS capture and landing. Its a keeper for me. Frame rates are very good.

Now, if only some one could paint the 700 in SAX colors I'd be very happy.

Long live FS9!

Glenn
Glenn Wilkinson
SAX790

I'd rather be flying!
GeeDub
Captain
Captain

Re: iFly 737NG

Post by GeeDub »

Just a quick update - iFly has already released a patch for the 737NG for FS2004, and they are currently working on a service pack update as well. Very good service, IMHO.

Visit their new forum at Simforums: http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/

They are setting up their forum with a section for owners only just like levelD's forum due to piracy issues. That is where the patch can be found.

Glenn
Glenn Wilkinson
SAX790

I'd rather be flying!
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Glenn,

What errors did the patch address? Is there enough fuel tank space on the BBJs?

Dave Vega
SAX702
GeeDub
Captain
Captain

Post by GeeDub »

Dave,

This is straight from Steve Masson's post over at the iFly forum at Simforums:
The fixed issues are :-
1. OOM problem
2. CTD when input route data in the RTE page 2/2
3. Sometimes, the plane CTD when LNAV to the last waypoint.
4. Add real CDU font
5. Can't track HOLD pattern.
6. The ECON speed may freeze to M0.77
7. The FD go-around mode can't be engaged
8. The overhead IRS display may display incorrectly.
9. Push "DES NOW" at CDU DES page didn't illuminates the EXEC light.
10.TCAS still can pass test when IRS is not working.
11.REVERSER light didn't illuminate when the thrust reverser is commanded to stow
12.After entering REF airport in the POS page and goto RTE page, the REF airport will automatically display in the scratchpad
13.The panel status can't be saved.
14.Flaps Up Airspeed changes to VREF+70
15.Enter the cruise altitude in the PERF INIT page will illuminates the execute key.
16.If command pitch and roll modes are not engaged, the F/D command bars do not appear.
17.The Master (MA) Flight Director Indicators illuminated incorrectly when A/P and F/D are all engaged.
18.The progress page 2/4 displays wind date incorrectly.
19.Some logic errors in pressurization system.
20.The passenger signs will not working without electric power.
21.The "BAT DISCHARGE" illuminated incorrectly.
22.The thrust mode is CLB during descent. Now, it is CRZ.
23.The thrust mode is TO during go-around. Now, it is GA.
24.The plane can't track LOC very accurate at high magnetic declination.
25.The N1 mode can't engaged correctly without entry weight date into CDU.
26.The BBJ2 use default 737's sound package.
And more.....
The primary purpose of the patch was to cure the OOM and CTD issues some users were having (I never experienced any of them, fortunately) and they also made a few additional ones as well, as I'm sure you can see above.

As far as your question regarding BBJ fuel capacity, it does not appear that they have modeled the add on auxillary fuel tanks which may be an option based on customer preference in real life (just my guestimation).

Not sure what all the service pack will include in addition to the patch but I know there is a pretty long list of fixes plus additions based on iFly/Flight1 customer requests.

Please keep in mind that I'm by no means an expert or up to date on all of their postings. They have been very diligent in responding to the consumer and it is highly recommended to check the forums out for yourself. The only one you can't access if you are now an owner of the product is the owner specific private forum section. They have a lot of info in the general open section, though. If you are familiar with the levelD forum setup, you'll understand what I'm trying to describe.

This is the other forum section at Simforums that they were using until setting up the new one: http://www.simforums.com/forums/ifly-de ... rum44.html This actually has far more posts/threads and a lot of good info.

Hope this helps,

Glenn
Glenn Wilkinson
SAX790

I'd rather be flying!