Manual Log Entry and FSACARS To Be Eliminated

Announcements for all Pilots and Officers.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Manual Log Entry and FSACARS To Be Eliminated

Post by Dave Blake »

The "ADD FLT" option to manually add a flight report to the POC will be eliminated by the end of August 2010 if not sooner. This is to insure automation of the POC.

I encourage any pilot that is having trouble sending logs automatically to the POC to ask me for help so we can try to trouble shoot and fix your problem.

We also plan to eliminate the use of FSACARS soon because it is an out-dated product that is no longer supported by the author and FS Flight Keeper is a much superior product. This will also make future coding of the POC much easier having to only code for one product. No exact date has been set yet for the elimination of FSACARS from the POC.

A quick survey of the active pilots shows 18 pilots already using FSFK and 9 pilots still using FSACARS. So FSFK is already used by 67% of active pilots.

I am sorry if the cost to purchase FSFK is a problem for you or having to learn a new product is not one of your favorite things to do.

If you need to purchase FSFK please check with me first to make sure I have informed Aerosoft that you are eligible for the VA edition of FSFK which is currently $26.67 USD (about a 30% discount off the regular price).
Dave Blake - SAX212
GeeDub
Captain
Captain

Re: Manual Log Entry and FSACARS To Be Eliminated

Post by GeeDub »

A little FYI for those who do not own/use FSFK which may help persuade further consideration of making the purchase:

It has a very detailed flight log which is far better and more accurate than the default FS2004 flight log, which in my humble opinion makes it worth the investment. Very versatile piece of software.

Just my $0.02.
Glenn Wilkinson
SAX790

I'd rather be flying!
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

Effective 01Nov2010, SunAir Express will drop FSACARS.

Pilots will then be required to use FS Flight Keeper to send flight logs to the POC.
Dave Blake - SAX212
peterom
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by peterom »

For me, FSFK was definitely worth the purchase. The feedback received from the software has helped me correct some problems I was experiencing.
Peter Meyerson
SAX339