Poll: Preferred Flight Sim for Your SAX Flights

Announcements for all Pilots and Officers.

What is your preferred flight sim now for your SAX flights?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:03 pm

FSX - Microsoft Flight Sim 2006
45%
FSX Steam: Microsoft Flight Sim 2006 Steam Edition
No votes
P3Dv4 Academic - Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 Academic
9%
P3Dv4 Pro - Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 Pro
45%
P3Dv3 Academic - Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 Academic
No votes
P3Dv3 Pro - Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 Pro
No votes
FS9 - Microsoft Flight Sim 2004
No votes

Total votes: 11

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Poll: Preferred Flight Sim for Your SAX Flights

Post by Dave Blake »

What are you use now as your primary flight sim for your SAX flights?

This poll will run until January 30, 2018 and you may change your vote if needed. You must login to vote. - Update: Pole extended to end February 28, 2018.

I run this poll about once a year to see which flight sim SAX pilots are using now for their flights. The last poll ended February 1, 2017 and of those that voted FSX was used by 64% and P3D by 36%. There were no votes for FS9.

I've added Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v3 and v4 (Pro and Academic) to the poll this time along with the Steam version of FSX.

Do you think SAX should allow other flight simulators? if so, which one?

Your comments are always welcomed.
Dave Blake - SAX212
airifr
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Poll: Preferred Flight Sim for Your SAX Flights

Post by airifr »

Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v4 Pro.

Now with the v4.1, beside others, integration of windshield rain droplets, just waiting PMDG Jumbo to update to it..can't wait!
Xavier
SAX789
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by RichW »

I only use P3D v4 now although I still have v3 installed. It allows me to go crazy with addon scenery :-) without OOM crashes.

Waiting for Aerosoft to release the A320 so I fly that again. Most of the other SAX planes are available in P3D v4.

Richard
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I purchased the Flight Sim Labs A320X a month ago or so and like it very much. It is a little expensive. The documentation is not as complete as I would like but there are tutorials on line and after flying for awhile, it just takes some practice.
PeterW SAX 728
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I noticed that this aircraft seems to get to the destination earlier than the block time consistently in the few practice runs I have made. I admit to having some trouble getting it set up for vor/dme landings at night. The problem had to do with disconnecting the autopilot and trying to manually fly the approach. I usually trim so that I don't have to use a lot of forward force on the joystick as I tend to over compensate. The problem was I couldn't get enough down trim.
PeterW SAX 728
airifr
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by airifr »

BearWhoTalks wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:21 am I noticed that this aircraft seems to get to the destination earlier than the block time consistently in the few practice runs I have made. I admit to having some trouble getting it set up for vor/dme landings at night. The problem had to do with disconnecting the autopilot and trying to manually fly the approach. I usually trim so that I don't have to use a lot of forward force on the joystick as I tend to over compensate. The problem was I couldn't get enough down trim.
Try let the autopilot do the work then disconnect at minimums/visuals..need be ahead of the aicraft at all times, vfr and ifr (vfr being easier :p), then when you feel it, fly manual, bearing in mind that aicraft needs be trimmed all the time also, attitude change=TRIM! maybe because of that you got behind during vor/dme etc..
Could you clarify what you meant by "...as I tend to over compensate. The problem was I couldn't get enough down trim."
Xavier
SAX789
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I was using my trim buttons on the joystick but I didn't allow enough time to let the trim catch up where it should be. I was also near the runway and couldn't look down to check what was going on. I think you are right that I was behind the curve. For me, I find this aircraft harder to fly than the Aerosoft A320 which is not available for the P3D v4.1.
PeterW SAX 728
peterom
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by peterom »

I have been using both FSX and P3D v4. I find windows 10, 64-bit with P3D keeps me from having crashes.
Peter Meyerson
SAX339