Poll: Preferred Flight Sim for Your SAX Flights

Announcements for all Pilots and Officers.

What is your preferred flight sim now for your SAX flights?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:42 pm

FSX - Microsoft Flight Sim 2006
64%
FS9 - Microsoft Flight Sim 2004
No votes
P3D - Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
36%

Total votes: 11

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Poll: Preferred Flight Sim for Your SAX Flights

Post by Dave Blake »

What do you use now as your primary flight sim for your SAX flights? This poll will run until February 1, 2017. You may change your vote if needed. You must login to vote.

I run this poll about once a year to see which flight sim the SAX pilots are using now for their flights. The last poll ending in January 2016 and of those that voted it found that FSX was used more by a vote of 6 to 1 over FS9.

I've added Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D to the poll this time since I know a few pilots have started to use it.

Your comments are always welcomed.
Dave Blake - SAX212
airifr
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Poll: Preferred Flight Sim for Your SAX Flights

Post by airifr »

P3D.

We can't go back once we've tasted P3D, volumetric fog, HDR, VC/clouds shadows, just to name a few, out of the box. No 3rd party/tweaks needed.
Also if using EZDOK, VC cameras snap into original set positions! No more wandering all over the seat and no more the need to readjust to set positions after aircraft accelerations on any axis.
2017-1-1_12-34-33-551.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xavier
SAX789
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I just bought P3D but haven't set it up yet. I was trying to find out if FS Flight Keeper will work with it before I tried it.
PeterW SAX 728
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Dave Blake »

BearWhoTalks wrote:I just bought P3D but haven't set it up yet. I was trying to find out if FS Flight Keeper will work with it before I tried it.
Peter, this forum topic may help you.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1465
Dave Blake - SAX212
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

Thank you. I will give a try after I get my new computer up and running. Tomorrow I will re-install my flight sims and then the scenery and finally the aircraft. After that the flight reporting software then back to flying. My old computer was finally gave up.
PeterW SAX 728
jww12112
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by jww12112 »

FSX...
SAX/766
14 NM SE of KSTL
RichW
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by RichW »

I have been using P3D since V3.3 came out and I rarely ever run FSX anymore. I'm using the Aerosoft A320, Majestic Q400, and PMDG 737 NGX. My B777 flying is on hold for now because of the expense of the PMDG 777. Looking forward to a quality RJ for P3D. Aerosoft could be the one if it ever gets out the door.

P3D works great with all my other addons and is much more stable than FSX. FSFK works okay for reporting but it doesn't recognize a lot of the Q400 parameters. This is probably because Majestic chose not to use many of the standard APIs (also a problem in FSX).

Rich
Richard Walls
SAX746 - ATL Hub
BearWhoTalks
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by BearWhoTalks »

I have noticed the problem when flying the Majestic. No matter how careful I am I never seem to get the altimeter setting correct for either departure or arrival. I also seem to have problems with excessive G-Force no matter how careful I am. Still, I just enjoy the Dash 8 so it really doesn't matter.
PeterW SAX 728