PMDG B737NG Programming

FAQ's and information.
Pylet
Command Captain
Command Captain

PMDG B737NG Programming

Post by Pylet »

Hi all,

I made a short video showing how to setup the PMDG B737NG FMC for a flight from KATL to KSTL. This is my first time doing something like this so please excuse my nervousness. There are many more things that can be done as for as programming for better flight management but this will atleast get you started on your way. Let me know if this helps some of you and if you would like to see more maybe in the area of DP/STAR programming-verification, climb/cruise/descent profiling or whatever you would like to see on the FMC. I could probably do some for the other systems or step you through different stages of a flight such as preflight, engine start, taxi, takeoff, enroute planning, descent, approach, landing or whatever you would like to see. If this doesn't really help anyone then I won't post anymore of these.

So, for my first production, here is the link to the FMC video that you can either click on to view right off the net or right-click and "save-target-as" to download it. It's about 8Meg in size and 8 minutes long.

Imagehttp://atlhub.com/download/fmc.wmv
Command Captain Lyle Kirgan
ATL Hub Chief
SAX 0272
B737NG Home Cockpit Builder
Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Marty_Becker »

Lyle:

Very good video and explanation! Since I do not have the PMDG, this was very interesting. I assume that any existing *.pln files be imported or those routes entered into the FMC can be exported to a *.pln file?
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD
Pylet
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by Pylet »

Thanks. You can either manually input a complete route or upload a company route such as "KATLKSTL". Which would be a file located in the PMDG flight plans folder called KATLKSTL.rte. These files are easily made and imported into the PMDG flightplan folder using FSBuild2. You can also build the *.rte manually using notepad, but it's a real pain in the butt. When I did my around the world tour I used FSBuild to build the flight plans, then exported them to PMDG. Then all I had to do was say when flying from KATL to EBBR I just entered KATLEBBR onto the company route line and every waypoint was programmed into the FMC for me. All I had to do was adjust for dep/arr runways and verify the route had no discontinuities. A beautiful thing.
Command Captain Lyle Kirgan
ATL Hub Chief
SAX 0272
B737NG Home Cockpit Builder
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

What a great idea Lyle! Thank you.

Dave Vega
JohnnyT
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Post by JohnnyT »

Lyle,

This is great! You sure make things look more easy in a video like this. It´s a very good way of learning and if you will make any more videos like this I look forward to learn more about the FMC and all the possibilities that it has. Even an explanation why you do this choise for this flight. I. e CLB-button: select Max Rate. What consequences that makes etc etc.

Thanks fo a great video, Lyle!

Johnny Taptos
SAX715/SAS213