FSACARS Auto Pause Feature and FSX

Questions and comments about setting up or using FSACARS.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

FSACARS Auto Pause Feature and FSX

Postby Dave Blake » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Has anyone had trouble using the FSACARS auto pause feature when flying with FSX?

I've had at least one pilot say that after resuming the flight after a FSACARS pause that FSACARS will no longer record flight events.
Dave Blake - SAX212

shackler781
Captain
Captain

Re: FSACARS Auto Pause Feature and FSX

Postby shackler781 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:32 pm

That was probably me. I have done a re-OS since then (for other reasons) and the FSACARS still stops working after autopause function is used with FSX. I am using FSX with Vista.
Shawn
SAX 781
Shawn Hackler
SAX781

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby David Vega » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:17 am

In my case, I configure FSACARS to auto pause 170 miles from the destination. This allows me to execute the descent and landing when I'm ready. It works flawlessly in FS9, but in FSX it does resume sending information to the server after the pause. Note that I think it does work after one explicitly pauses the simulator and resumes, but it doesn't work after FSACARS itself auto pauses. At least that is what I've observed. Does anyone suffer the same malady?

BTW, I have installed the latest version of FSUIPC.

Regards

Dave Vega
SAX702

jww12112
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby jww12112 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 pm

I agree with David Vega. These are my findings as well with my system, FSX.

I have noticed when FSACARS enables the pause function, within its options when using FSX, FSACARS does not continue to record flight events. However when one manually enables a pause while in flight, you can still unpause and resume flight as well as FSACARS resuming its flight log of flight events. So one has to monitor your distance from your thier target airport.

Jeffro/SAX766

Return to “FSACARS”