FSACARS Error - Database Error

Questions and comments about setting up or using FSACARS.
sax749
Captain
Captain

FSACARS Error - Database Error

Postby sax749 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:06 pm

I attempted to post a flight with FSACARS. I don't know how all the duplicate flights posted but the times are all way off. FSACARS was giving me the dreaded Database error message. Could someone delete all these flights for 08/04/09 and I will post the flight manually.

Thank You.

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: FSACARS Error - Database Error

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:59 pm

sax749 wrote:I attempted to post a flight with FSACARS. I don't know how all the duplicate flights posted but the times are all way off. FSACARS was giving me the dreaded Database error message. Could someone delete all these flights for 08/04/09 and I will post the flight manually.

Thank You.

The POC will reject any logs that have invalid SAX flight numbers and give you a Database Error. I did a quick test flight using your pilot number and had no problem sending the log so that tells me the POC is working the way it should. The duplicate logs have been deleted so you can manually add the flight.
Dave Blake - SAX212

Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Rich » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 pm

After my latest flight from Miami to Atlanta, I just received the same "Error Sending Log Database Error" I then received three emails from "sunairex@host361.hostmonster.com" telling me my "Flight number is incorrect".

My info:

Flight from KMIA to KATL; 2147 and N233SX.

Flight was visualized on the POC map all the way through the flight. Thank you Dave for that fix. Is this another problem????

I'll manually input my flight data and wait for your responses.

Rich

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Rich wrote:After my latest flight from Miami to Atlanta, I just received the same "Error Sending Log Database Error" I then received three emails from "sunairex@host361.hostmonster.com" telling me my "Flight number is incorrect".

My info:

Flight was visualized on the POC map all the way through the flight. Thank you Dave for that fix. Is this another problem????

Rich

Rich,
Did you save your log and can you send me a copy? Did you check to see if the flight number was correct?
Dave Blake - SAX212

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 am

Rich wrote:After my latest flight from Miami to Atlanta, I just received the same "Error Sending Log Database Error" I then received three emails from "sunairex@host361.hostmonster.com" telling me my "Flight number is incorrect".

My info:

Rich

Just a follow-up on Rich's problem.

The problem was solved by replacing Rich's SAX.ini file with a new one and by deleting a corrupt SAX002.DAT file.

Rich's DAT file became corrupt when he tried a TEST flight using an invalid flight number. He used TEST as flight number which will not work anymore. His test flight data remained in his DAT file and prevented Rich from sending any more logs to the POC since the POC will reject any logs with invalid flight numbers.

If you do any FSACARS flight tests you must use a valid flight number from the SAX flight schedule. It doesn't matter what flight number you use as long as it is a valid flight number. You can enter any departure or destination in a test flight. After completing your test flight please contact me so I can remove the test flight's log from the POC and your log data.
Dave Blake - SAX212

Return to “FSACARS”