FSACARS DOWN?

Questions and comments about setting up or using FSACARS.
sax749
Captain
Captain

FSACARS DOWN?

Postby sax749 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Getting database errors when trying to log flights with FSACARS.

Anyone else having issues?

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: FSACARS DOWN?

Postby David Vega » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Please check the flight number you're using for the report. Is it a valid one?

Dave Vega
SAX702

sax749
Captain
Captain

Postby sax749 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:59 pm

David Vega wrote:Please check the flight number you're using for the report. Is it a valid one?

Dave Vega
SAX702

that was it, thanks

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby David Vega » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:50 pm

The POC is again receiving FSACARS reports. Please post here if you experience any problems. Ensure you have a correct flight number in your FSACARS flight plan.

sax749
Captain
Captain

Postby sax749 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:03 pm

David Vega wrote:The POC is again receiving FSACARS reports. Please post here if you experience any problems. Ensure you have a correct flight number in your FSACARS flight plan.

I am still getting the database error message. My flight number is correct. Kinda frustrating after a 2 hour flight. I did show up on the flight map. Any ideas?

Jim Keil
SAX 749

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:53 pm

sax749 wrote:
I am still getting the database error message. My flight number is correct. Kinda frustrating after a 2 hour flight. I did show up on the flight map. Any ideas?

Jim Keil
SAX 749

Jim:
I just did a short test flight using your pilot number. I was able to see your pilot number on the position map and I was able to send the log to the POC to your records. So I am sure the problem is not the POC.

Make sure you are using FSACARS v4.0.15 and not v4.0.11 by selecting HELP / ABOUT on the FSACARS menu. If needed, install the upgrade to v4.0.15.

Make sure you have FSUIPC installed, which I am guessing you do or you would get a FS CRASH error message from FSACARS as soon as you start a log.

Make sure your firewall or router is not blocking FSACARS from connecting to the Internet which I am guessing is not a problem since you said your could see yourself on the position map.

Make sure you enter a valid flight number along with the other data when setting up the flight plan data on FSACARS before starting a log which you said you did do.

The only other thing I can think of is your SAX.ini file is setup incorrectly and I will send you a new one shortly. I hope one of these help and please let me know if not.
Dave Blake - SAX212

sax749
Captain
Captain

Postby sax749 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Dave Blake wrote:
sax749 wrote:

Jim Keil
SAX 749

Jim:
I just did a short test flight using your pilot number. I was able to see your pilot number on the position map and I was able to send the log to the POC to your records. So I am sure the problem is not the POC.

Make sure you are using FSACARS v4.0.15 and not v4.0.11 by selecting HELP / ABOUT on the FSACARS menu. If needed, install the upgrade to v4.0.15.

Make sure you have FSUIPC installed, which I am guessing you do or you would get a FS CRASH error message from FSACARS as soon as you start a log.

Make sure your firewall or router is not blocking FSACARS from connecting to the Internet which I am guessing is not a problem since you said your could see yourself on the position map.

Make sure you enter a valid flight number along with the other data when setting up the flight plan data on FSACARS before starting a log which you said you did do.

The only other thing I can think of is your SAX.ini file is setup incorrectly and I will send you a new one shortly. I hope one of these help and please let me know if not.

Thanks Dave,

I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks for your assistance. BTW, did you grease my landing when you flew my flight :lol:

SAX749

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:21 pm

sax749 wrote:
Thanks Dave,
I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks for your assistance. BTW, did you grease my landing when you flew my flight :lol:
SAX749

Of course it was a greaser... but I used a Cessna 172 for the test flight. Sorry Jim, I deleated the test flight already. :wink:
Dave Blake - SAX212

sax749
Captain
Captain

Postby sax749 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Dave Blake wrote:
sax749 wrote:

Jim Keil
SAX 749

Jim:

Hi Dave,

Flew a short flight today. Got the database error message again. My sendlogreport.htm file has a 0 (nothing more)
I did show on the flight map. I guess I will try to uninstall FSACARS and start from scratch.

Thanks,

Jim Keil
SAX749

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby David Vega » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Jim, if you have a file named SAX749.dat in the FSACARS folder or elsewhere in your computer, delete it. After you delete it, try a test flight. For this test flight, pretend you're going to fly a real SAX flight, so use the appropriate number, etc. Start your log, take off, fly around the pattern and land. Go through the process of sending the report and see if there's an error. dv

sax749
Captain
Captain

Postby sax749 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:28 pm

David Vega wrote:Jim, if you have a file named SAX749.dat in the FSACARS folder or elsewhere in your computer, delete it. After you delete it, try a test flight. For this test flight, pretend you're going to fly a real SAX flight, so use the appropriate number, etc. Start your log, take off, fly around the pattern and land. Go through the process of sending the report and see if there's an error. dv

I deleted the SAX749.dat file, did a flight, and was able to send my log. Can you tell me what that file is and should I look for it and delete it prior to running FSACARS.

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby David Vega » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 am

FSACARS stores your flight information in that file. In other words, what FSACARS sends to the POC comes from that file. After the POC signals FSACARS the submission was OK, FSACARS automatically deletes the file since it's no longer needed. But, if the POC signals there were problems, FSACARS keeps the file in order to send that log the next time you submit. If you then go on another flight, FSACARS also stores that flight information on that same file. If all is OK, FSACARS sends both flight reports next time you submit.

It appears that sometimes, after multiple unsuccessful filings, the file gets corrupted. While I don't know exactly why, looks like deleting the file solves the problem. I must caution you not to open that file before you send your log. If you do, FSACARS will tell you that the log has been tampered.

sax749
Captain
Captain

Postby sax749 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 pm

David Vega wrote:FSACARS stores your flight information in that file. In other words, what FSACARS sends to the POC comes from that file. After the POC signals FSACARS the submission was OK, FSACARS automatically deletes the file since it's no longer needed. But, if the POC signals there were problems, FSACARS keeps the file in order to send that log the next time you submit. If you then go on another flight, FSACARS also stores that flight information on that same file. If all is OK, FSACARS sends both flight reports next time you submit.

It appears that sometimes, after multiple unsuccessful filings, the file gets corrupted. While I don't know exactly why, looks like deleting the file solves the problem. I must caution you not to open that file before you send your log. If you do, FSACARS will tell you that the log has been tampered.

OK got it, I'll leave it alone unless I start getting errors, then I'll delete it.

Thanks,

Return to “FSACARS”