FSACARS disconnect

Questions and comments about setting up or using FSACARS.
shackler781
Captain
Captain

FSACARS disconnect

Postby shackler781 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:36 am

I have recently switched computers and Windows versions. I am now using Vista 64. I have also started using FSX, as well as FS2004. When I am flying with FSX, FSACARS stops logging info at top of descent. I don't have that problem when I am flying in FS2004. I am currently using FSACARS version 4.0.15. Any thoughts?
Shawn Hackler
SAX781

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: FSACARS disconnect

Postby David Vega » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:23 pm

Congratulations on the new computer and OS. I've been thinking about upgrading myself and was wondering if one could upgrade without having to reinstall all the apps. Looks like from XP32 to Vista64 one would have to, but I'm not sure.

On the FSACARS issue, I can't help you but I'm sure others will jump in with the answer.

Dave Vega
SAX702

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:32 pm

shackler781 wrote:I have recently switched computers and Windows versions. I am now using Vista 64. I have also started using FSX, as well as FS2004. When I am flying with FSX, FSACARS stops logging info at top of descent. I don't have that problem when I am flying in FS2004. I am currently using FSACARS version 4.0.15. Any thoughts?

Ken Dundon uses Vista 64 bit with FSX and I have not heard any problems from him with FSACARS. And I am assuming that you installed FSUIPC for FSX or you wouldn't even be getting off the ground before FSACARS would be giving you an error message. I am also assuming that you setup the FSACARS LOG PATH so it knows where to store your logs, both temporary and finished logs.

Since I don't have Vista (and don't plan to now that Windows 7 will be coming out this fall) I won't be of much help either. But if I had to guess, I wouldn't be surprise if it was something to do with Vista's "administration rights". Hopefully Ken will comment if he has any ideas.
Dave Blake - SAX212

shackler781
Captain
Captain

Postby shackler781 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Vista is a royal pain in the butt, and I won't blame either of you for not jumping on the bandwagon. I would assume that you would have to reload everything as the entire OS seems to have been restructured. The programs run great and look great once you wade through the BS, but it has been a struggle.
As for FSACARS, everything seems to be fine as I have no problems with FS2004 running on the same computer. It only seems to have issues once I start my descent in FSX. Hmmm. Thanks for the reply. I will wait to see what else gets posted. I may reinstall FSACARS. Not sure.
Shawn
Shawn Hackler
SAX781

shackler781
Captain
Captain

Postby shackler781 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:15 am

Ok, I figured out that the FSX disconnect only happens when I use the pause from distance function in the options menu. It stops recording at the point when it pauses. Anyone else have this problem, or should i try reloading FSACARS?
Shawn Hackler
SAX781

Return to “FSACARS”