FSACARS and the POC Flights in Progress

Questions and comments about setting up or using FSACARS.
padrematt
Captain
Captain

FSACARS and the POC Flights in Progress

Postby padrematt » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:21 pm

I seem to have all my ducks in a row pertaining to FSACARS except for the fact that I can't seem to get my flights to show up in the Flights in Progress page.
I have put the flight number in where it belongs and went through the whole process "by the book", but to no avail.
I have noticed that the statusSite field on my sax.ini keeps coming up blank even after I input the right info in the field. I save and close, reopen and its there. Then I fly a route and it's not there. Very Frustrating! Anyone have some input?

Matt

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: FSACARS and the POC Flights in Progress

Postby Dave Blake » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:29 pm

padrematt wrote:I seem to have all my ducks in a row pertaining to FSACARS except for the fact that I can't seem to get my flights to show up in the Flights in Progress page.
I have put the flight number in where it belongs and went through the whole process "by the book", but to no avail.
I have noticed that the statusSite field on my sax.ini keeps coming up blank even after I input the right info in the field. I save and close, reopen and its there. Then I fly a route and it's not there. Very Frustrating! Anyone have some input?

Matt

Matt,
Please email me a copy of your FSACARS.ini and SAX.ini files. I'll take a look at them and see if I can spot something that needs attention.
Dave Blake - SAX212

shackler781
Captain
Captain

Postby shackler781 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:01 pm

I am having the same problem with my flights showing up on map. FSACARS was locking up when I used the pause function so I reloaded FSACARS. My StatusSite info is correct, but my FSACARS.ini file is blank. When I reloaded FSACARS I accidentally opened it before running FS. I dumped FSACARS again, reloaded it, and when I ran it with FS running it didn't ask me the home airport question. Might this have something to do with it?
BTW-it is still locking up when i use the pause function :x
Shawn Hackler
SAX781

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:39 pm

shackler781 wrote:I am having the same problem with my flights showing up on map. FSACARS was locking up when I used the pause function so I reloaded FSACARS. My StatusSite info is correct, but my FSACARS.ini file is blank. When I reloaded FSACARS I accidentally opened it before running FS. I dumped FSACARS again, reloaded it, and when I ran it with FS running it didn't ask me the home airport question. Might this have something to do with it?
BTW-it is still locking up when i use the pause function :x

The FSACARS.ini file will be blank until the first time you run FSACARS. After that it will build a new one. Make sure you set your LOG PATH on the OPTIONS / CONFIG menu.

When you reloaded FSACARS did you remember to install the upgrade from v4.0.11 to v4.0.15? For everything to work correctly you need to have v4.0.15 installed. If you are unsure how to tell which version you have installed click on the FSACARS HELP / ABOUT menu.
Dave Blake - SAX212

shackler781
Captain
Captain

Postby shackler781 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:05 pm

I did do the update. I will recheck the ini file. I believe it was blank after I ran it for the first time after reinstalling it. It appears to be setting me up on the map now. We shall see how it all works out. Now, to just get the damned pause function up and running :?
Shawn Hackler
SAX781

Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Marty_Becker » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Shawn:

I noticed that your last two flights have been archived with the new POC map data archiving process. This indicates two things; one, your FSACARS is sending data to the position's database table and two, that the position data was then moved over to the archived positions table after landing. Based on this, you should see yourself on the live flight tracking map.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:13 pm

shackler781 wrote:I did do the update. I will recheck the ini file. I believe it was blank after I ran it for the first time after reinstalling it.

If your FSACARS.ini file is still blank try deleting the file. FSACARS will make a new one the next time you run it. Just remember to check your OPTION / CONFIG menu settings again.
Dave Blake - SAX212

shackler781
Captain
Captain

Postby shackler781 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:48 am

I deleted the config file and restarted FSACARS with a plane parked at the gate. It didn't create a new file, but I don't seem to be having problems with map any longer, my reports are sending just fine, and they are being saved to the proper folders. Strange. I will just have to plan my long distance trips (pause function) a little better. Thanks for your help.
Shawn
Shawn Hackler
SAX781

Return to “FSACARS”