Internet Send Error - Connection Issue

Questions and comments about setting up or using FSACARS.
kenyapilot
Command Captain
Command Captain

Internet Send Error - Connection Issue

Postby kenyapilot » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:59 pm

About 2 weeks ago I got an internet send error when trying to send my FSACARS report of a flight. I tried again, got the same error, so went to the POC and saw that the flight was entered twice. Looking at the report, I found in each case only a partial report was sent. The next time I flew I got two reports when sending the log, the flight just flown and then the previous one. I realized then I had not deleted the pilot dat file, which I did. The next time it sent properly, but then again malfunctioned with only a partial report was sent. It has now reached a point that I get an internet send error everytime I try to send the report, so I need some help on how to rectify. I have checked the cfg files and all seems OK. The report of position of the flights works fine and all the data is found in FSACARS which I can save, but I just cannot send the report.

Roy
SAX 680

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Internet Send Error

Postby Dave Blake » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:00 pm

kenyapilot wrote:About 2 weeks ago I got an internet send error when trying to send my FSACARS report of a flight. I tried again, got the same error, so went to the POC and saw that the flight was entered twice. Looking at the report, I found in each case only a partial report was sent. The next time I flew I got two reports when sending the log, the flight just flown and then the previous one. I realized then I had not deleted the pilot dat file, which I did. The next time it sent properly, but then again malfunctioned with only a partial report was sent. It has now reached a point that I get an internet send error everytime I try to send the report, so I need some help on how to rectify. I have checked the cfg files and all seems OK. The report of position of the flights works fine and all the data is found in FSACARS which I can save, but I just cannot send the report.

Roy
SAX 680

I was unable to find any reference to an "Internet Send Error" message on the FSACARS Support Forum. So it looks like we will be on our own on this one.

My suggestion is to try a total reinstall of FSACARS to clear any possible corrupt files. You might want to even reinstall FSACARS to a new folder with a differnt folder name. Next make sure that your firewall allows permission for FSACARS to connect to the Internet. You should get a message from your firewall to allow FSACARS to connect to the Internet the first time you start a log or when you try to send a log. Let me know if this helps.
Dave Blake - SAX212

kenyapilot
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby kenyapilot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:51 pm

I did the reinstall. The first time it did not work; the second time I turned off my proxy and it worked. The problem may be with the firewall in the proxy. Hope it works from now on. Thanks for the advice.

Roy
SAX 680

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:29 pm

kenyapilot wrote:I did the reinstall. The first time it did not work; the second time I turned off my proxy and it worked. The problem may be with the firewall in the proxy. Hope it works from now on. Thanks for the advice.

Roy
SAX 680

You are probably right, the firewall could easily causing the problem. You also want to make sure that you only use one firewall. If you use a 3rd party firewall like Zone Alarm then you want to disable the Windows firewall. You don't want to have one firewall fighting with another.

Before I started using a router I used Zone Alarm firewall (free version). But now that I am behind a router all I use is the Windows firewall and I have had no problems at all with hackers.
Dave Blake - SAX212

Dave. S
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Internet Send Error - Connection Issue

Postby Dave. S » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:50 am

Dave,
I have just had an event with this error message (13 oct) first time ever, was wondering if it could be to do with your web host problems, after pressing send log it took an absolute age before this error message popped up, noticed in poc only part log sent, have no problems with firewalls etc,will see what happens next time
Dave SAX743

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Internet Send Error - Connection Issue

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Dave. S wrote:Dave,
I have just had an event with this error message (13 oct) first time ever, was wondering if it could be to do with your web host problems, after pressing send log it took an absolute age before this error message popped up, noticed in poc only part log sent, have no problems with firewalls etc,will see what happens next time

Chances are good that your error issue was caused by a slow SQL server reply. There is nothing that can be done to fix this problem unless the web host decided to increase their shared SQL servers capacity. :(
Dave Blake - SAX212

Return to “FSACARS”