Entering Flight Level on FSACARS Flight Plan

Questions and comments about setting up or using FSACARS.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Entering Flight Level on FSACARS Flight Plan

Postby Dave Blake » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:17 am

I want to remind everyone to please enter the flight level on the FSACARS flight plan as the actual altitude flown.

Example: Enter 34000 not FL340 or 340.

The reason for this is so the POC Flights in Progress map will then be able to display your flight status correctly. If you enter 340 or FL340 the map will not know when you finish your climb and always show you as climbing.

Thank you! :D
Dave Blake - SAX212

JohnnyT
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Re: Entering Flight Level on FSACARS Flight Plan

Postby JohnnyT » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:17 pm

When I use FSACARS i fill in my flightlevel as F340 for FL340. As I recall I read it in the FSACARS manual a long time ago, that this is the way to do it. It looks good in the POC Flights in Progress map, as far as I know. Maby I´m wrong. :?
Johnny

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:46 pm

JohnnyT wrote:When I use FSACARS i fill in my flightlevel as F340 for FL340. As I recall I read it in the FSACARS manual a long time ago, that this is the way to do it.

The SAX FSACARS setup manaul is not specific about what to place in the Flight Level field. My mistake and I will correct this with the next update.

The SAX FSACARS setup manual only mentions that some of the flight plan fields will automatically be filled in when a flight plan is imported from Flight SIm or some other source.

In any case, pilot need to place the actual flight altitude in the Flight Level field so the POC Map will display the flight status correctly.

Examples for FL340:
34000 is correct
FL340 is incorrect
F340 is incorrect
340 is incorrect

One more thing, should you decide to change flight levels after you depart you can make changes to the FSACARS Flight Plan without causing a problem with your log. Say you want to change from 34000' to 36000', you just go to the FSACARS flight plan screen and change the flight level altitude from 34000 to 36000.

Thanks!
Dave Blake - SAX212

Marty_Becker
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Marty_Becker » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:17 pm

On page 7 of the FSACARS manual that I have, it states: "Enter the Flight Level in feet (example: 35000 and not FL350)." My version is dated 05 Jan 07.
Marty - SAX054
8 NW of KORD

Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Dave Blake » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:59 pm

Marty_Becker wrote:On page 7 of the FSACARS manual that I have, it states: "Enter the Flight Level in feet (example: 35000 and not FL350)." My version is dated 05 Jan 07.

Thanks Marty, I missed that statement under the "Test Flight" section. But I think it probably wouldn't hurt if I made it more clear with the next document update.
Dave Blake - SAX212

Return to “FSACARS”