FSACARS Terminates After Starting Log or Fails To Start

Questions and comments about setting up or using FSACARS.
Dave Blake
Command Captain
Command Captain

FSACARS Terminates After Starting Log or Fails To Start

Postby Dave Blake » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:39 pm

I have had two reports now of FSACARS shutting down shortly after the log starts, log taking a long time to start, or the log not even starting.

I suspect that the problem is linked to the use of NOAA for weather METAR. When I changed FSACARS to use VATSIM for METAR or no METAR at all FSACARS did not shutdown anymore.

If you have had this problem see if this will fix it. And I would be interested in knowing how many have had this problem.
Dave Blake - SAX212

orac
Senior Captain
Senior Captain

Re: FSACARS Terminates After Starting Log or Fails To Start

Postby orac » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:35 pm

Dave, I had this happen to me last week. Without even consulting the forum here, I turned off METAR reporting and it worked just fine. Thank the US DoD for blocking weather reports for Baghdad. Would be nice if you could selectively turn off only departure or destination weather.

David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby David Vega » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:03 pm

orac wrote:Dave, I had this happen to me last week. Without even consulting the forum here, I turned off METAR reporting and it worked just fine. Thank the US DoD for blocking weather reports for Baghdad. Would be nice if you could selectively turn off only departure or destination weather.

It's done for a reason. Having flown in and out of that airport several times in real "life," I'm glad I can still type this.

Rich
Command Captain
Command Captain

Postby Rich » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Dave, this happened to me too. I had to manually input my flight data, but after changing NOAA to VATSIM, everything started working just fine. Thanks for the forum and the information.
Rich

Return to “FSACARS”