Fuel Oddities

Any general information you wish to share.
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Fuel Oddities

Post by shackler781 »

In recent weeks I have been having a strange issue with fueling. Typically I set fuel levels in the initial menu where you set weather, flight plan, etc. I type in my calculated levels for fuel and payload and then click 'fly now'. Then the flight loads and off I go.
I noticed a few months back that the SAX 777 would reset the fuel to a random level when the flight loaded. I thought maybe it was a priority setting built in to the CFG, except that I could then go back into fuel and payload and reset to desired levels without issue.
Then it started doing it to my SAX 767 and then stock 737 and 747, which is leading to overweight dings if I don't catch it. I have made some changes in recent months (adding the ISG FMS, adding a weather program), but I am not sure how that would affect fuel and why it is starting to spread to aircraft I have been using for years and that have been working fine since addon installs until recently.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Many thanks!

Shawn
SAX781
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Re: Fuel Oddities

Post by David Vega »

Shawn,

In ISG.CFG there's a parameter

LoadFuelonFlightPlanLoad=1

Would setting that to 0 solve the problem?

Dave
sax702
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Post by shackler781 »

Ok, now I feel stupid! :oops:
I will look this evening. I'm not sure if it is happening when I load the flight from FSX menu or once I load plan in FMS. I will see, but that would be an interesting way of doing it from now on.
Thanks, Dave!
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Post by shackler781 »

That was it, Dave. Eesh. I'm not sure why it started doing it now, but that's the way it goes. Now I have some other issues to fix. Harrumph!!!
I'll see you out there...
Shawn
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Glad it worked for you. Feel free to ask any question. I'm sure a forum member will have an answer to a clue to an answer.

BTW, did you the we converted a couple of B737-800s to freighters to be used in the Alaska cargo routes?

Happy flying.

Dave
sax702
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Post by shackler781 »

???
Not sure I understand the question :D

I am currently using a decent 737-700C I found online, but it is a conversion from the previous MFS, so the virtual cockpit is no good.
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Post by shackler781 »

I think I just figured out the question when looking at the file library. I am seeing the 800C repaint and the 747s *woohoo*!
I will start using the 800c in Alaska tonight. When do the new cargo routes start coming online?
Thanks, Dave.

Shawn
SAX781
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
shackler781
Captain
Captain

Post by shackler781 »

I just answered that question, too. I saw the announcements on the home page. PANC!!! Yeeehaaaw!!! :D
Shawn Hackler
SAX781
David Vega
Command Captain
Command Captain

Post by David Vega »

Figured we would try those few B747 cargo flights for a while before adding new ones.

Dave
sax702